What is LATISSE®?
The LATISSE® solution is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker, and darker. Eyelash hypotrichosis is another name for having inadequate or not enough eyelashes. most active PCA peel. Reduce dramatic wrinkling, sun damage, acne and pigment disorders.
How does it work? LATISSE® is believed to affect the growth (anagen) phase of the eyelash hair cycle in 2 ways: first, it increases the length in this phase; and second, it increases the number of hairs in this growth phase. The exact way it works is unknown.
How soon will I see results? The onset of effect with LATISSE® solution is gradual. In clinical trial, the majority of LATISSE® users saw a significant improvement by 2 months.
How is LATISSE® different? Only LATISSE® has been approved by the FDA as a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes. It also has been studied in clinical trial to demonstrate its safety and effectiveness.
Can anyone use LATISSE®?
You should not use LATISSE® solution if you are allergic to one of its ingredients. Also, tell your doctor or eye care specialist if any of the following apply to you:
- Previously diagnosed with eye pressure problems: People with a history of eye pressure problems (specifically elevated intraocular pressure) should speak to an eye care specialist before starting LATISSE®
- Currently taking medication for eye pressure problems: People taking medication to lower their IOP should be closely monitored while using LATISSE® solution
- Have risk factors for glaucoma: People with risk factors for an eye condition called glaucoma, including a family history of glaucoma, should speak to an eye care specialist before starting LATISSE®
Is LATISSE® safe?
The safety and effectiveness of LATISSE® was shown in a clinical trial. Ask your doctor for more information about the safety of LATISSE® solution, and see the Important Safety Information on the back cover of this brochure.
What are the possible side effects with LATISSE®?
The most common side effects after using LATISSE® are eye itching or eye redness. These were reported by about 4% of users in clinical trial.
Should I remove my contact lenses first?
As a precaution, it's recommended that you remove your contact lenses because they can absorb an ingredient in LATISSE® solution. You can put them back in 15 minutes after application.
What if I forget to apply LATISSE®?
If you miss a dose, don't try to "catch up." Just apply LATISSE® the next evening. Make LATISSE® solution part of your evening routine, like brushing your teeth or removing your makeup. IMPORTANT: Using LATISSE® more than once a day will not increase the growth of eyelashes more than daily use.
What should I do if LATISSE® gets in my eye?
It is not expected to cause harm. Don't rinse your eye. Be careful to keep the tip of the bottle or applicator from touching your fingers, objects, or surfaces in order to avoid contamination.
What if I stop using LATISSE®?
Your lashes are expected to return to their previous appearance over several weeks to months.
Can I continue to wear mascara while using LATISSE®?
Yes, you can use mascara in addition to LATISSE® solution.
LATISSE® is available by prescription only. Please contact us at La Bella Laser and Slimming for a consultation
LATISSE® solution is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis used to grow eyelashes, making them longer, thicker, and darker. Eyelash hypotrichosis is another name for having inadequate or not enough eyelashes.
LATISSE® solution may cause other less common side effects, which typically occur on the skin close to where LATISSE® is applied, or in the eyes. These include skin darkening, eye irritation, dryness, or redness of the eyelids.
If you develop a new eye condition (like an eye trauma or infection), experience a sudden decrease in vision, have eye surgery, or develop any eye reactions, particularly an infection and eyelid reactions, you should immediately talk to your doctor about whether or not to continue using LATISSE® solution.
LATISSE® is available by prescription only, it is available now at La Bella Laser and Slimming call 626.445.2706 for a free consultation.
- Remove an applicator from its tray. Then, holding the sterile applicator horizontally, place one drop of LATISSE® solution on the area of the applicator closest to the tip but not on the tip.
- Then immediately draw the applicator carefully across the skin of the upper eyelid margin at the base of the eyelashes (where the eyelashes meet the skin) going from the inner part of your lash line to the outer part.
- Blot any excess solution beyond the eyelid margin.
- Dispose of the applicator after one use. Repeat for the opposite upper eyelid margin using a new sterile applicator. This helps minimize any potential for contamination from one eyelid to another.
Important: DO NOT APPLY in your eye or to the lower lid. Only use the sterile applicators that come with LATISSE®.