Bothered by blemishes and prominent pores?Laser Genesis® is your solution – “ One of a kind” for a Skin rejuvenation procedure. Laser Genesis® treats large pores, uneven texture, acne scarring, excessive redness and rosacea conditions. You’ll experience a gentle warming of the skin as pores are minimized, imperfections diminished and redness reduced.
About Laser Genesis
The Laser Genesis® procedure utilizes proprietary microsecond non-invasive laser technology to safely, discreetly and effectively improve diffuse redness, wrinkles, large pores, fine lines, scars and uneven skin texture. You can expect to see subtle, yet consistent results after each Laser Genesis® treatment, without unwanted side effects such as bruising or excessive skin irritation. Laser Genesis® treatments can be performed in a relaxed, comfortable manner without the use of topical anesthetics or gel.
How does Laser Genesis® work?
Laser Genesis® stimulates collagen production by gently heating the upper dermis well below your skin’s surface. Additional heat is generated in dilated capillaries to reduce redness and flushing.
What can I expect before a Laser Genesis® treatment?
No gel, numbing cream or ice pad are needed prior to treatment. You will be asked to remove your make-up or moisturizers before the actual Laser Genesis® treatment. In some cases, you may be asked to shave the area to be treated. Our practitioner will review and assist with all pre-treatment requirements.
How many Laser Genesis® treatments will I need?
Generally, 4 to 6 Laser Genesis® treatments every 2-4 weeks to achieve optimal results; however, patient conditions and needs may vary.
What are the possible side effects of Laser Genesis®?
Although most patients report few if any side effects from Laser Genesis®, the most common is a slight redness that disappears within a few hours of treatment. Consult your practitioner for complete information about the benefits and risks of treatment.
What kind of improvements can I expect with Laser Genesis®?
Laser Genesis® can help restore the skin’s youthful glow and appearance by smoothing out uneven textures caused by aging, sun damage or scars over the course of 4-6 treatments. A healthy complexion emerges as large pores are reduced in size, and minor imperfections are diminished. Individual treatment results are subtle, but the overall effect of multiple Laser Genesis® treatments can be quite dramatic.
What areas can be treated with Laser Genesis®?
Laser Genesis® patients report excellent results over their entire face and neck. Additionally, practitioners may suggest this therapy to diminish recent scars on other parts of the body.
What is diffuse redness?
Diffuse redness is a general appearance of facial redness, such as rosy cheeks. This condition is caused by dilated capillaries, resulting in an appearance of general redness, not discreet, well-defined vessels. The most commonly affected areas are the nose, forehead and cheeks. Diffuse redness is often associated with a condition called rosacea and it can be hereditary. Laser Genesis® will help your appearance by gently treating and reducing this condition.
What does the Laser Genesis® procedure feel like?
The Laser Genesis® treatment is relaxing and therapeutic. You will experience a gentle warming of your skin’s surface during the procedure as thelaser hand piece is moved back and forth about 1/2 inch above your skin. You can immediately return to normal activities, utilizing sunscreen if participating in outdoor activities.
CONDITION TREATED: Laser Genesis® treats large pores, uneven texture, acne scarring, excessive redness and rosacea conditions.
RESULTS: Laser Genesis® can help restore the skin’s youthful glow and appearance by smoothing out uneven textures caused by aging, sun damage or scars over the course of 4-6 treatments. A healthy complexion emerges as large pores are reduced in size, and minor imperfections are diminished. Individual treatment results are subtle, but the overall effect of multiple Laser Genesis® treatments can be quite dramatic.
TREATMENT TIME: About 30 minutes
TREATMENT FREQUENCY: Treatment intervals of 2 to 4 weeks are commonly used for a total of 4 to 6 treatments to achieve optimal results; however, patient conditions and needs may vary.
- Remove all make-up from the treatment site.
- The use of topical anesthetic (such as EMLA) is not recommended for these treatments as patient feedback is important, and, with proper technique, it is not required.
- An optional addition to the procedure, that has been reported to increase patient comfort, is to spray a light mist of spring water on the face prior to the beginning of the treatments and repeating that occasionally as needed during the procedure.
- We may make this non-ablative treatment part of an overall skin care regimen along with topical retinoid, topical vitamin-C, sun protection, and/or Hydro-dermabrasion.
- In some instances, these treatments could result in reduced hair growth. This should be considered prior to treating areas (such as over a man’s beard) where reduced hair growth may be undesirable.
- No special post-operative care is usually required.
- The patient will feel a gentle warming of the skin in the section being treated in addition to a small sensation where the laser pulses are being applied. Once they become accustomed to the feeling, they typically find the treatments to be comfortable.
- A report from the patient of discomfort is an indication that pulses need to be spread out better or that it’s time to move to another area.
Treatment intervals of 2 to 4 weeks are commonly used for a total of 4 to 6 treatments.