Smiling, frowning, squinting and even chewing, basically any facial movement can eventually lead to one of the most common signs of aging: wrinkles. They can make you appear tired or even angry when you are not. One of the quickest and safest remedies to remove wrinkles is the injection of Botox.
Botox® Cosmetic relaxes the muscles that cause wrinkles, leaving skin smoother, tighter and wrinkle-free. With a few quick injections, you can soften the appearance of frown lines, crow’s feet, forehead furrows in just minutes.
Instant Face Lift – Neck lift & Jawline Definition
The Nefertiti Lift is a new technique achieved by injecting multiple units of Botox along the lower jaw line as well as down the side of the neck along the platysma muscle.
Anti-Sweat Hyperhidrosis Injections
Are you afraid to raise your arms in normal situations because of underarm sweat stains? Do you hesitate to buy new clothes because they might be ruined by underarm sweat? Botox treatment may be the solution. Approved by the FDA, this amazing treatment can dramatically reduce underarm moisture for up to a year.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to improve the look of worry lines, frown lines, crow’s feet, neck bands, jawlines, and laugh lines between the brows. These wrinkles occur as the muscles under the skin contract. This is a nonsurgical treatment that is injected directly into the muscles to temporarily weaken the facial muscles. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form. Botox® injections can also be used to raise a drooping brow or reverse a downward mouth. Botox® treatments for Hyperhidrosis is FDA-approved, this amazing treatment can dramatically reduce underarm moisture for up to a full year.
Facts about BOTOX® Cosmetic:
BOTOX® Cosmetic, introduced in 2002, is the first botulinum toxin to be approved by the FDA to temporarily treat moderate to severe glabellar lines between the brows.
With real, noticeable results, no surgery and no recovery time, there are many reasons why BOTOX® Cosmetic has been chosen by millions of women and their doctors.
Approximately 11.8 million BOTOX® Cosmetic procedures have been administered in the United States since 2002.
92% of 303 patients surveyed were satisfied with the results of their BOTOX® Cosmetic experience.
Individual results may vary.
When will I see results from a BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment?
Within days, you may see a marked improvement. Lines continue to improve for up to 30 days, and results can last for up to 4 months. Individual results may vary.
How long does BOTOX® Cosmetic last?
Visible results have been shown to last up to 4 months. Your own results may vary – be sure to talk to us about what you can expect and when to schedule your next appointment.
Is treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic painful?
Discomfort is usually minimal and brief. Prior to injection, your physician may choose to numb the area with a cold pack or anesthetic cream. The entire procedure takes approximately 10 minutes. Most patients are in and out of the physician’s office without downtime following BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment. Side effects associated with the injection include localized pain, infection, inflammation, tenderness, swelling, redness, and/or bleeding/bruising.
Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
Although the results are visible, a treatment with BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you’ve “had work done.” The muscle activity that causes frown lines between the brows is temporarily reduced, so you can still frown or look surprised without the wrinkles and creases between your brows.
Who should not take BOTOX® Cosmetic?
Do not take BOTOX® Cosmetic if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® or BOTOX® Cosmetic. See the Medication Guide for a list of ingredients in BOTOX® and BOTOX® Cosmetic.
- Had an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® or Dysport®
- Have a skin infection at the planned injection site
- Have any disease that affects your muscles and nerves (such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease], myasthenia gravis or Lamber-Eaton sydrome
- What will happen to the moderate to severe frown lines between my brows if I choose not to continue treatments?
If you do not continue treatments, the moderate-to-severe frown lines between your brows will gradually return to the way they looked before treatment.
What are the possible side effects of BOTOX® Cosmetic?
The most common side effects include headache, respiratory infection, flu-like symptoms, temporary eyelid droop, and nausea. Less frequently occurring (<3%) adverse reactions include pain in the face, erythema at the injection site, and muscle weakness. These events are thought to be associated with the injection and occurred within the first week.
Do treatment results differ?
Yes, individual results may vary.
Is BOTOX® Cosmetic affordable?
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery’s 2003 survey, BOTOX® Cosmetic is one of the least expensive facial aesthetic procedures in the United States. When considering your facial aesthetic options, BOTOX® Cosmetic is quite affordable. Like other appearance –related investments, such as hair coloring and cuts, teeth whitening, the weight of the cost must be relative to your expectations. Consult us for further information.
- Ingestion of alcoholic beverages prior to treatment can increase the chances of bruising and/or swelling.
- No anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, Vioxx, etc.), aspirin, Vitamin E, or Ginkgo Biloba one week prior to treatment. This will reduce the possible side effects of bruising and/or swelling in area(s) of treatment.
- You cannot be pregnant or breastfeeding to receive treatment. You cannot be allergic to eggs or egg products to receive treatment.
- Do not lie down for 2 to 4 hours following treatment.
- Facial exercises (squint/frown/smile) are strongly recommended in the treated area for one hour after injection.
- Avoid manipulation of treated area for a minimum of four hours.
- By following the above measures you will minimize the occurrence of ptosis (droopy eyelids), bruising, and less than optimal outcomes.
- Common side effects include a slight headache lasting a few hours up to 48 hours, and temporary bruising and/or swelling.